Claims Handler CV Template + Tips and Download
Tip: Use the Claims Handler CV Template below as an example to help you write your own personal and fully-tailored CV.
81 City Road Hill View BH21 3QN
Mob: 000 2246 1941 Email: ChristopherBlackburn@cvplaza.com
Personal Profile Statement
I am a very reliable, self–motivated and enthusiastic individual currently working as a Claims Handler at Aviva insurance company. I have a passion for customer service, a zeal for meeting targets, a keen eye for detail and irregularities and I consider myself to be an outstanding team player.
- Handled a claim worth more than £10,000.00
- Never missed a single day from work over a period of 8 months (2012, Aviva)
|2007 – 2009||BTEC National Diploma in Business (Accounting)||IPC||Results: DMM|
- Financial Systems and Auditing (D)
- Managing Financial Resources and Decisions (M)
- Aspects of Contract and Negligence in Business (D)
- Business Decision Making (M)
|2001 – 2007|
Results: 13 GCSEs at Grades A*-C.
|GCSEs||Colton Secondary School|
|Mar 2013 – Present||Claims Handler Aviva|
Main duties performed:
- Taking new claims (First Notification of Loss)
- Monitoring the progress of a claim
- Accessing databases and information systems to obtain details
- Taking statements from clients and witnesses for official records
- Processing forms received from clients
- Advising customers regarding their cover
- Offering products and services according to their needs and requirements
- Dealing with car accidents and taking the initial accident details
- Speaking to any witnesses over the phone at the time of an accident
- Liaising with policyholders, insurance companies and other third-party stakeholders to ensure swift settlement of the claims
- Requesting and investigating statements, sketches, police reports, vehicle repair documentation and various other supporting evidence to settle a claim
- Sending notification/progress letters to clients regarding their claim
- Assessing each claim individually for fraud and consequently reporting any bogus/scam claims to the Claims Manager for further action
- Resolving and negotiating any liability and cost issues with third parties
- Liaising with third-party insurance companies and garages to authorise repairs and credit hire and subsequently monitoring each stage of the repairs or hire
- Scanning, photocopying, faxing and emailing documents
- Ensuring proper data protection, bookkeeping and data entry procedures are followed when handling personal information
|Dec 2012 – Mar 2013||Claims Advisor Powerhouse Insurance|
Main duties performed:
- Advising people on insurance, claims and general financial issues
- Managing files from inception toward litigation
- Taking, processing and monitoring claims
- Collecting information from clients through application forms
- Reviewing original documents and evidence
- Investigating potentially fraudulent claims
- Liaising with internal and external stakeholders for settlements
- Dealing with requests and enquiries from solicitors and third party insurers
- Inputting data and monitoring it on the system
- Escalating claims to another team if and when required
- Conducting risk assessments
- General admin duties and covering the reception when required
- Certificate in Insurance – CII
- Excellent telephone skills
- Ability to multi-task and work in a busy
environment under pressure
- Ability to deal with stressful situations in a professional manner
- Trained first aider
- Outstanding persuasion and negotiation skills
Hobbies and interests
I enjoy spending time with my friends, meeting new people and doing anything creative (writing, performing, etc.). I have a keen interest in sports, particularly football, and business hence the decision to do Business Studies at College.
ReferencesMr George Davidson Claims Manager, Aviva
Address: 47 Boat Lane, Recopy, DD8 4PN
Tel: 000 1436 1932
Email: GeorgeDavidson@live.co.ukMrs Alicia Chapman Senior Admin Officer, Powerhouse Insurance
Address: 90 Jed Road, Seaworthy, EX32 7EZ
Tel: 000 5806 5248
Please note: the above CV Example is presented in the UK format and layout.
Click here to download the above CV Sample.
COLLECTION: You may also want to browse through our collection of Free CV Templates and download any of the editable CVs to create your own (available in Microsoft Word format and convertible to PDF).
Top CV Tips and Guidelines
- This job role puts you at the forefront of the Insurance Company’s operations dealing with complex queries from multiple stakeholders (both internal and external) and therefore demonstrating experience of customer-facing operations or working in a fast-paced environment is a bonus to have.
- No Experience? Regardless of applying for the job in the motor, commercial, property or personal industries, you will almost always be required to have some sort of experience in a claim handling environment.
There are a number of things that you can do to address this: a) volunteer for a couple of weeks or more to gain experience in the field, or b) start at the trainee level where no prior work experience is required and built your career up from there.
- Attention to detail is an important skill that you may want to consider putting on your CV since you will be dealing with important financial cases which could have a direct impact on the finances and operations of the organisation.
- SALARY RANGE
£15.000 – £25.000
Relevant Work Experience
- WORKING HOURS
37+ hours per week
Ability to communicate effectively with customers and third-party companies
Excellent writing skills to write clear and concise reports
Ability to use a computer effectively for business needs
Listening attentively to customer’s needs, concerns, complaints and statements
Attention to Detail
Paying attention to every aspect of the job and ensuring that no “small details” are overlooked
Ability to research and examine a matter in a focused manner
Category: Application letter